Sunday, June 22, 2008

beLated Father's day

So today started out with a 5km race at Punggol. Won 2nd in Women's open, got interviewed by a newspaper. Nice rain in the morn made it cooler. Met Tommy TOOOOOO:D. So I was running, and the route had a u-turn ahead. saw him on the other side of the road, so shouted:" GO tommmmmmy!" He turned around and saw me......and I think he was shocked. actually, talked to him later and he said he knew I was coming back 1 week ago:( yarh, glad he got 3rd. didnt win anything from the lucky draw. then went to the Gp with my sis cos I suspected she had a scaphoid fracture form the fall yesterday. No pain in her anatomical snuff box(this test has a high sensitivity), thus ruled it out and saved us from queueing at A and E. Sigh, my suspicion was not proven right:( but I have now learnt what to look out for in a scaphoid fracture
1. bony tenderness is excruciating
2. pain from palpating the bone does not go away after pain killers
3. pain will go away after 2 weeks, (after 2 weeks is when u can pick it up on xray)then after a few months, it will come back again
thats why lots of people dont think they have anything wrong. and thats why lots of drs miss it.Yarh, the gp told me, oh, if u go to a and e, u can tell the dr u want a scphoid view x-ray. I said to him, "shouldnt the dr already know to order that xray view?"
he said, " they may miss it out. so just tell him u are a medical student, and he would prob do it".


so father's day celebrations today at home. bought daddy a turtle ballon from holland v. so farni when walking home with him(mr turtle), cos he was hovering behind me, like a pet on a leash. used prissy's doggie soft toy as the weight for the balloon
OMG>........best lunch in ages. MY FAV: sashimi and sushi and eel and octopus and noodles.
stuffed turtle: I am cool with shades on

Balloon turtle: hey dude.....surfs up!

stuffed turtle: do u think its better to be stuffed with soft things or filled with air like u?

Balloon turtle: dude! I AM heliuminised.......so i will prob go flat in a week's time. u can last forever.................

daddy with one of his 100 presents!!!! yes, I think it is even bigger than our birthday celebrations...................Hugs to PEN<3. hope these pics make u smile:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want to hug daddy!!!