Friday, February 20, 2009

bye to my boy

he has left me:( yup, my patient has gotten better and was discharged today. pretty sad he still has brain injury. for example he is 9 yrs, yet he cant read and write well (only after his illness). He also laughs alot now- too much infact. When i said bye to him and walked out of the ward, i turned around as i left and saw his face peering through the window of his room, looking sad. On the other hand, he is really excited to go back home and get back to school to see his friends. So that is really good for him.

next to his bed got to play with baby jasmine. She is a few months old with resp prob, on O2. i got to pick her off her bed today and carry her for a short while. she is 6 months old, but born 3 months premature.

then after lect at 4pm, i was thinking of my run at the beach......but decided to spend the nite with lay ping at ED. really really good. the Dr there was teaching us and his personality really made me feel more comfortable with paeds. Or rather the teaching he gave us was so good....I want to follow him round all the time now! and time passed so fast! b4 we knew it, it was 9.30pm and we were walking home! He was so cute(the dr)....when the little boy was crying cos we were examining him, he made funny noises with the soft toy the bo was playing....that made me laugh too....

No comments: